Thursday, September 07, 2006

Live Poker

Last night I hit my poker club for a little live action.I showed up expecting a 25$ re buy,but it turned out to be a 60$ freeze.I was more than happy with no rebuys.There was 64 players in all top 5 get paid 1500+ for first.I drew a pretty sweet opening table.Had a all in freak , a 2nd timer and the old man type.We started with 5500 and 100 200 30 min levels.2nd hand in I get dealt 10 k of diamonds,and I flat call.5 players in the pot, flop comes Jd As 5s.1st player bets out 800 2nd calls then its on me.I am thinking to my self ''no way can I call''I muck with 5 seconds of thought.1 other play calls so there is 3400 in the pot.Turn in Qd.Ouch,My gin card.Up and down str8 and royal flush draw with the nuts.800 is bet again and called by 1 person.Turn was a 8.Another bet of 800 is called.They turn over J 8 vs Q 6.The guy took a monster with 2 pair.I was pretty pissed about that fold.Then I over played KA and lost about 2400.I got dealt big slick again a few hands later and push.I get 1 caller with 10 6 of spades.He flops a flush draw,the turn hit my K and river was rag.I doubled up to a little more than 6k.I changed tables after that and had a bunch of rounder wanna be's.I said ''nice call'' to a guy with 8 3 vs QQ who hit 2 pair and eliminated a player.The 2 guys start tearing in to me saying''how could that be a good call????.I love getting people pissed off and gunning for me.A few hands later I smooth call with Q 2 suited.The flop was Q 4 9 with no hearts.I checked it and the player beside me bets out 1200.Its folded down to me and I say''I hate mucking top pair''.I fold my cards face up to prove my statement.Ohhs and ahhhhs around the table.The raiser turns over Q 4 and said good lay.Right then I knew I was dealing with more donks.Any body who plays poker with any intellegence knows to muck top pair with a 2.Then my downfall came.I get J A and limp in[my mistake,and the reason I lost].I ended up losing to Q 7,when he hit trip 7's.I got up right away and got out of there quick.I hate making mistakes like that.At least I know where the hole was in my game.I can not be making those same mistakes in Niagra.I want to hit the tourney again tonight.Dont know if the girlfriend will like it.
I will be playing the bday tourney for kelly[leafy68].Its a 2$ with 50$ added.I like these games we will be starting with 5k in chips.And its a private game with all friends.Well wish me luck and see ya at the tables

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home